Would you like to get involved?
Friends of Quantock is run entirely by volunteers and we are always on the lookout for people to help. Whatever skills and experience you have it is likely we can put them to good use.
We need people who can do some, all or any of the following:
- Marketing, PR and Publicity are increasingly important.
- Land Management and Conservation advice is always needed for our own land and the whole of the AONB.
- We would love to expand and collate our collection of old postcards and photos of the hills.
- There is research to be done collecting and annotating all the old names of the combes and features of the hills as only a few are recorded on the OS maps.
- We need observers, local ears and eyes and contacts with any groups of riders, cyclists, schools, walkers that use and visit the Hills.
- Checking Planning Applications for any issues relevant to the Charity.
These are some of the things we are working on at the moment. Let us know if you think you could help: